Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Tuesday 17/5/16

9MD

P3

Lesson Sequence

Silent Reading

LI: We are going to begin our extended short story study.

SC: I can contribute my thoughtful  ideas about the issue of assessment to the class Padlet using my own name.
SC: I can access the links, to the text on screen and to the audio version
SC: I can listen and follow the written text.
SC: I can think about what I first noticed about this character, and what this information tells me about him.

Today we are going to begin our work on the the short story unit. We are going to study an extended short story called' Flowers for Algernon' by Daniel Keyes.

To get us ready to start think about the story and the issues that it raises. I would like you to add your thoughts to the class Padlet

Click here to get to the Padlet

This story is about a grown man who experiences a range of tests. We will find out more about this character and how he feels about all the assessments he is asked to do. Yesterday we looked at a short film about empathy which is the ability to understand and share the feelings of another. You will read this story on your screen and listen at the same time to the audio version of it.

Click here for the link to the text


You will need to have the following link open as well, this is the audio version of the story to listen to as you read.
Click here for the audio link to the story

No comments:

Post a Comment