Tuesday, August 9, 2016

'I am.... Creating our own stories

Tuesday 9/8/16

9MD

P3

Good morning, and another beautiful day, just the inspiration for your own 'I am... stories. I was impressed by everyone's Give Me a Storm poems and your willingness to share them with me. Some of you still have some work to do on your images and that can be completed today in class.

Our next piece of creative writing is to continue to develop your own I am... stories based on a natural object or element.

LI: We are learning to write a piece of prose using the mentor text I am Winter for inspiration.

SC: I have decided on what I am going to use in my I am.... story
SC: I can use the structure of the mentor text to help me write my story.
SC: I can use the language features of a metaphor, personification and simile in my writing.
SC: I can proof read and edit my work.

Lesson Sequence

Silent Reading

Free Writing

I am... writing  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment