Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Creative Writing- Inspired by the Mentor Text 'Driftwood Days' by Charlotte Williams

Tuesday 16/8/16

9MD

P3

I am very pleased with how our creative writing unit is progressing and the effort I can see you all putting into your own work. Awesome keep it up.

Today we are going to continue to work on our own stories using the mentor text " Driftwood Days' as a model. Last week we worked to develop the main ideas and the structure of the first paragraph. Today we are going to develop our second paragraph, that introduces the characters, explains their connection to the setting, and gives more descriptive detail about these elements.

LI: We are learning to develop the 2nd paragraph of our story.

SC: My paragraph introduces the characters, explains their connection to the place, and develops detail.

SC: My paragraph shows that I have:

  •   thought about my word choice ( improving vocabulary)
  •    Used some language features in my work such as simile, metaphor, personification,            alliteration,onomatopoeia to make it more effective and to create impact.


SC: I can re-read, edit and craft my work.

Lesson Sequence.
Silent Reading
Free writing

' The small boy stared back at over his shoulder and felt a great sense of fear as the shadow seemed to grow bigger, he.......'

Creative Writing.

Read your work so far, and edit it as you go. Remember basic punctuation.
We will discuss the model and see how we can develop our own second paragraph.
Complete 2nd paragraph.





     

No comments:

Post a Comment