Monday, October 17, 2016

Explanation Texts

Monday 17/10/16

P5 9MD

Today we are continuing to develop our skills in writing explanations. This is in preparation for the Asttle writing assessment in Week 3.

Lesson Sequence

Silent Reading

Writing Training Writing for 5 minutes on a set topic, followed by 2 minutes of editing time.

Explanation Texts

LI: We are learning to write an explanation as a response to an article about the New World promotion.

SC:  I have read the article and completed in full sentences the answers to the questions.
        I have refreshed my memory about the structure of the explanation by viewing the U tube clip
        I have begun to plan my answer, by developing my reasons for my main body paragraphs in                  response to the question.
        I have developed an introduction that generally introduces my topic and gives the reasons that
        I am going to discuss in my essay.
        I have 3 main body paragraphs that follow the SEX -Y format
        I have developed a conclusion        

No comments:

Post a Comment